David Stewart, PhD, DNM recommends using "lots" of CYPRESS oil. "It builds blood corpuscles, especially the white cells. Apply it on the skin, breathe it, and take capsules of it. It will accelerate the rebuilding of your immune system after chemo has destroyed it. The doctors will be amazed at the speed of recovery from chemo when cypress oil is used like this."
The Essential Oil Desk Reference suggests that if taking antibiotics or undergoing chemotherapy or radiation treatments, to take a full dose of a good probiotic (acidophilus and bifidus) daily for one week after finishing with antibiotics or medical intervention. Plain, unflavored yogurt eaten before lighter meals also helps provide friendly bacteria. For radiation patients, saturate the site 10 days prior to treatment with TEA TREE (Melaleuca alternifolia) and Melaleuca ericifolia. Take 4 "00" capsules per day, before, during radiation and for 30-60 days following treatment.
CARDAMOM shows a significant decrease in the lipid peroxidation level of the liver and increased glutathione levels. These findings indicate the potential of cardamom as a chemopreventive agent against two-stage cancer. PubMed Abstract: Chemopreventive Effects of Cardamom on Chemically Induced Skin Carcinogenesis
US Scientists Find That Chemotherapy Boosts Cancer Growth
Grape Seed Extract Outperforms Chemo in Killing Advanced Cancer Cells
Chemotherapy Ineffective 97% of The Time
The End of Toxic Chemo and Radiation by Dr. Sircus
From Kurt Schnaubelt's book, The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils:
"When Niaouli oil has not been applied from the beginning or when cutaneous lesions appear during radiation therapy in spite of applying it, applications of Everlasting Hydrosol or Lavender Hydrosol relieve the pain very quickly and improve the lesions within a few days. Applying essential oil of Patchouli, Cistus and Spike Lavender diluted in a vegetable oil speeds up healing."
HEO has Lavender Hydrosol, Patchouli and Cistus.
You may want to consider getting the Comfrey/Calendula salve - it's very soothing and healing. EOs can be added to it (as to dilute them if desired).
Essential Oils to Restore Taste and Regain Appetite (per Kurt Schnaubelt, Ph.D.)
These can be inhaled or used a drop daily to stimulate appetite.
1. I put FRANKINCENSE on the soles of my feet before my chemotherapy treatments and experienced none of the typical side effects (neuropathy, muscle aches and joint pain, flu-like symptoms). I used the Frankincense the day before, the morning of and for the week following the treatment. I'm a believer in Frankincense!
2. A few months ago I had a chemotherapy treatment which consisted of 3 doses of FEC and 3 doses of Taxotere. Typically this treatment causes the fingernails to become ugly looking and many fall completely, which is painful. During the time of my treatment, I rubbed one drop of PURIFY oil on my nails, twice a day. Instead of becoming ugly and falling off, they actually became much stronger and grew faster during that time then ever before.
3. I completed treatments for radiation and chemo with absolutely no side affects whatsoever for bladder cancer and T4 tumors, which are the most aggressive kind. Standard treatment for this kind of tumor is to remove the bladder and prostate. A month before the treatment I applied FRANKINCENSE, IMMUNITION and LEMON undiluted one at a time on the bottoms of my feet and inside ankles to cover all my organ points. I added Frankincense and Lemon to my drinking water. I daily applied SUNSHINE by rubbing a drop on my finger and thumb and then rubbing it on each ear lobe and down the side of my neck over the arteries into the head. I also applied it under my nose so I could inhale it for a while, and then I'd reapply. - Randy
4. I just finished chemo for breast cancer. I had four Adriamycin-Cytoxin (AC) chemo treatments followed by four Taxol treatments. My neighbor introduced me to essential oils when I was almost finished with chemo, for my last treatment of Taxol, which has side effects such as muscle aches, join pain and neuropathy. You basically feel like you have a terrible case of the flu. For my last treatment, I put FRANKINCENSE on the soles of my feet the day before chemo, the morning of chemo and for four or five days after chemo. I had NO side effects from that Taxol treatment. Two days after chemo my friends couldn't believe I was feeling so good!
5. DIGESTION SUPPORT blend has been wonderful at combating nausea associated with chemo for my 2-year-old son. - Amy
The choice of the process used in application of Heritage Essential Oils' products is the sole responsibility of the user.
Information and statements regarding Heritage Essential Oils' products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.
We do not make any therapeutic claims for any Dietary Supplements in accordance with the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act and FDA regulations.
Heritage Essential Oils and any of its directors, employees, representatives or those involved in blending and bottling the oils will not be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of their products. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, income or profit and claims of third parties. We disclaim any liability if the user uses or prescribes any remedy or essential oil, natural or otherwise, for him/herself or another. Please consult a licensed healthcare professional should a need be indicated.